Session 7 with full splits
Session 8 with full splits
Final Trophy points (Cumbria Trophy from County Championships events and Tommy Hatch Trophy from Age Group events)Age Group Teams
Session 11(includes 800m/1500m)
*** Disqualification Codes ***
Appeal Made - A
Appeal Disallowed - X
No Appeal -
DQ ST - Start
DQ O 6L - Takeover, early start, 6th Length_________________________________________________________________________
2014 Cumbria Age Groups & County Championships RESULTS
Final Trophy points
(Cumbria Trophy from County Championships events and Tommy Hatch Trophy from Age Group events)
Age Group Teams
Session 11(includes 800m/1500m)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________2013 Cumbria Age Groups & County Championships RESULTS
Session 3Session 4Session 5Session 6Session 7Session 8Session 9Session 10Age Group TeamsSession 11
(including 800m and 1500m)Session 12County Teams
Session 13Trophy points after Session 13
(Cumbria Trophy from County Championships events
and Tommy Hatch Trophy
from Age Group events)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________2013/14 Cumbria Age Groups & County Championships
At the Annual Council Meeting of Cumbria ASA on Sunday 24th November 2012 it was agreed that the following changes to the Cumbria Age Groups would be implemented:
1. Numbers of spectators and those on the poolside at the 2013 Cumbria Age Groups will be limited to that specified by the pool operators in their Operating Procedures. This follows advice by the ASA’s Legal Department that Cumbria ASA is legally obliged to adhere to such Health and Safety requirements.
This will be implemented by:
· Changing the structure of the competition to reduce the number of swimmers in a session thereby limiting the number of spectators.
· This will reduce the running time of each session but will mean that three sessions will be needed on Saturday 9th and Saturday 16th March and two sessions on Sunday 10th and Sunday 17th March to complete all the events.
· All three sessions on a Saturday will each have 3 events plus any corresponding county and age group finals; on a Sunday there will be one session with 3 events plus finals and one with 4 events plus finals.
· Modifying the qualifying times for some events (to limit competitor numbers in the more popular events) – all age groups will be affected.
· If the above measures are found to be inadequate on the day, spectator entry will be stopped when the pool safety limit is reached.
The target for each session will be a running time of no more than 2 hours 30 minutes.
2. There will be no Bagcat competition.
3. In the Age Group Teams competition (Saturday 23rd March), the 15/16 age band will be extended to 15/18 to try to attract more teams to enter.
2014 Cumbria Age Groups
It was agreed that for the 2014 competition the only acceptable entry times will be those that have been gained at an ASA licensed meet i.e. only those times on the ASA’s Rankings Database will be acceptable. Swimmers will be able to gain qualifying times from the range of Open/licensed meets that are held in Cumbria and elsewhere.
No club will be exempt from the requirement to submit times from licensed meets. However, it is recognised that special arrangements will be required in some circumstances e.g. 800m and 1500m events. These will be defined in the 2014 entry conditions.
In 2014 the meet management software will be used, after the submission of entries, to check the entry times of all swimmers by linking to the ASA Rankings Database; any submitted times that cannot be verified will be rejected.
In preparation for 2014, the meet management software will be used to provide information about entries to the 2013 competition; however, entries will not be subject to a verification process. This will give clubs an opportunity to bring to our attention any problems they may encounter or anticipate. This link provides information on licensed meets on the ASA website.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________2012 Cumbria Age Groups & County Championships Links to: Results of the 2009, 2010 and 2011 Cumbria competitions are now shown on the Results Archive page
- follow this link